Sunday, July 5, 2009

WOW!!!! What a match..

Thank God it poured @ St.Lucia today, for if it hadn't rained I wudn't have got to watch one of the greatest Wimbledon finals ever played.Yea that stupid dish tv connection expired today and I was left with no other option but to watch whatever they telecasted on DD National. Unfortuanately Doordarshan had decided to give importance to a dull cricket match being played in the Caribbean over the Wimbledon final. They however telecasted the tennis match merely to fill the voids created by the rain breaks of the cricket match.Thank god the rain never stopped and I got to watch uninterrupted tennis (truly uninterrupted because there wasn't even a single commercial break during the match)

Man!! What a match it was...!!! At the end of the match I felt happy since I have always been a supporter of Roger and his style of tennis and I wanted him to win desperately. But at the same time I really felt sorry for Andy. Everyone(or atleast me) thought that Roger would destory Andy in 3 sets. But Andy who was almost written off last year, surprised everyone by making a fantastic come back. He tennis was almost flawless today; even the great Roger wasn't able to break him for over 4 hours in one of the most thrilling and intriguing final ever.I felt Andy was slightly better than Roger today and he deserved to win.

Tennis is such a cruel (or crazy as RF mentioned) sport that few unforced errors from Andy in the 30th game of the final set took the match away from him. Am sure that if someone takes a survey among those people who watched the finals @ the centre court asking who deserved to win the match , I am sure that a majority of them would say Roddick.

Roddick might have lost the finals, but he would have won many fans by the way he played and by the way he conducted himself during the presentation cermony. He has got an amazing sense of wit;the way he apologised to Pete was simply awesome. It made everyone smile. Had Roger lost the match I am sure that he would have broken down and cried like a little kid. Thats one of the few things I hate about Federer. (Yuck cry baby....He cries a lot. Sometimes he cries even if he wins.)

On the whole it was a great match and I will rate it as the 2nd best Wimbledon final I have ever watched.(The first being the 2001 final between Goran and Patrick). It was so good that even the cricket expert panel who were supposed to discuss the fourth ODI between India and West Indies were discussing about this anazing final . :) :)...(Cricket for once was sidelined lol...)

1 comment:

AV said...

tagged
http://apensievetoofull.blogspot.com/2009/08/z-tag.html